You must be logged on to the journal in order to submit a paper.
Contact the Principal Contact to get a user account. One the email arrives (check your spam folder) use the "Forgot password" link to set a new password.
When you start your submission select the “My Queue” tab and click on “New Submission”.
There are 5 steps, over 5 tabs, to submitting a paper:
Step 1: Start
- Submission Requirements: Ensure that your document meets all of the criteria listed and check all of the radio buttons. (These are required.)
- Comments for the Editor: Your supervisor(s) will be responsible for "reviewing" your submission and confirming that they are happy that it can be published. Please enter their name(s) and email addresses in this box.
- Acknowledge the copyright statement: Works are published under a Creative Commons licence. Check both radio buttons.
- Click ‘Save and continue’.
Step 2: Uploading the Submission
Click on the ‘Add File’ button on the top right of the image above or on the hyperlinked text ‘Upload File’. Both carry out the same option.
- A pop up window will appear. Navigate to the required file and select ‘Open’.
- The ‘Upload Submission’ tab will update with the selected file.
- A notification appears below the file asking you to state whether the document is an ‘Article text’ or ‘Other’.
- If the document is the main paper document select ‘Article Text’.
- If the document is some form of supplementary materials select ‘Other’. A new window will pop up asking you to identify what type of file it is from the following list:
- Article Text
- LATEX style and class files
- LATEX bib or bst files.
- Research Instrument
- Research Materials
- Research Results
- Data Analysis
- Data Set
- Source Texts
- Once the document has been identified the display updates to reflect the choice:
- Once all required documents are uploaded (normally just the paper) click “Save and continue”.
Step 3: Entering the Submission’s Metadata
You will now need to fill in the relevant metadata into the boxes.
- Do not use the Prefix.
- A Title must be entered in order to proceed.
- There is no need to provide a subtitle.
- Enter the full Abstract text.
- The section immediately below the Abstract lists the paper contributors. The submitting author’s information is automatically added. If there is more than one author they will need to be added at this point using the “Add Contributor” button.
- If there is more than one author you can use the check boxes to indicate who the Primary Contact is; by default this will be set to the submitting author.
- You must enter appropriate keywords for your paper, at least one and at most six.
- You must enter the paper’s bibliography in the References This bibliography should appear within the paper itself and this metadata section as it is a requirement to track references/DOIs within the publishing framework.
- Click ‘Save and continue’.
Step 4: Confirmation
- This is a ‘pause’ tab within the submission process that allows the author to back through the previous tabs to make sure they have included everything they want.
- If you are satisfied that everything has been completed/attached click “Finish Submission”.
- A new pop-up window appears to confirm the submission – click “Ok”.
Step 5: Next Steps
- This tab provides further information to the author on what happens next:
Cancelling a paper during the submission process
You can cancel the submission process at any time by clicking on ‘cancel’ at the bottom of each page. These submissions will appear under your ‘Active submissions’ on your ‘Author’ page. Clicking on the title will take you back to the position you left the submission at. Alternatively clicking ‘delete’ will remove the submission.
Reviewing active submissions
You may review your active submissions at any time by going to ‘Submissions’, which will list all active papers. Clock ‘View’ to see their publish process, amend information etc.